Zelda: Wind Waker-Vibes Await In ‘Sail Forth’, Now Setting Course For Switch In 2022
Information about Zelda: Wind Waker-Vibes Await In ‘Sail Forth’, Now Setting Course For Switch In 2022
The good news is that a brand new trailer has been released (above), showing off some new gameplay and a selection of quirky NPCs and creatures you’ll be meeting in the game. “The open sea is calling,” the press release reads. “Are you ready for an adventure that will unearth long-buried mysteries and change the world?”
The bad news is that Sail Forth has once again been pushed back, shifting from an expected 2021 release to some time in 2022. Delays are always a shame, but we’re also always happy to wait if it means the final product will be at its best.
Here’s a feature list to tell you a little more:
– 30+ hours of gameplay spread across 7 unique worlds
– Intriguing and multifaceted narrative with different factions, side quests, and bosses
– Realistic sailing mechanics and an auto-sail option to suit different playstyles
– Procedurally generated oceanic world with a dynamic day-night and weather system
– Fishing, racing, photography, and more side quests and minigames
– Ambient and responsive soundtrack for full immersion
Publisher The Quantum Astrophysicists Guild explains why the game’s been pushed back:
“Over the past year, Sail Forth has grown from a sailing simulation game to a full-blown oceanic adventure with tons of new content, quests, characters, and narrative. With the scope of the game growing beyond our original plan, we’ve had to push the release to next year to make sure Sail Forth is the epic adventure our players deserve.”
Looking forward to this one? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.