Castle of Shikigami 2 delayed to 2022
Information about Castle of Shikigami 2 delayed to 2022
Previously reported for a December 2021 release, Castle of Shikigami 2 has been delayed for Switch to 2022, per publisher Degica Games and developers Alfa System and Cosmo Machia. Special thanks to Gematsu for the translation of this information. Check out our previous coverage of the game here, or the overview via Steam after the break:
In 2006, a “twisted castle” suddenly appeared in the sky above Tokyo. A variety of stories unfold around the god-hunting armaments housed in this gigantic castle. The second installment of the dramatic shooter that gained popularity in the arcades is now coming to Steam with additional elements!
Players choose one of seven (plus one?) characters, each with different unique abilities, and use their shots, special Shikigami attack, and bombs to destroy the enemy. The unique backgrounds of each character are intricately intertwined, creating an interesting storyline for the shooter.
In between of total five stages, different demos (stories) will be played for each character, and when playing with two players, a completely different story unfolds depending on the combination of characters used, all of which are fully voiced (in Japanese).
- New Entry Mode – Revamped enemy placement in all stages, lots of changes that will surprise even the most experienced!
- Brand New Translation – We know everyone is waiting for this!
- Dramatic Change Mode – Operates with 1P switching between characters, and you get the same demo as when there’s 2P!
- Enjoy the storyline with the different personalities of each of the seven (plus one?) main characters!
- Fight using three types of attack methods: normal attack, shikigami attack, and special attack.
- Five stages in three parts (each stage times three parts, plus a boss in each part).
- Aim for a high score with the TBS (Tension Bonus System), which allows players to earn high scores by getting close to enemies or enemy bullets.
- Two-player simultaneous play (local only).
- Plenty of Steam achievements and trading cards available.